Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What if I take birth control pills(Microgestin) after the expiration date?

I'm just now realizing I'm taking the pill and its been expired for 2 months. Is that dangerous?? Should I stop??What if I take birth control pills(Microgestin) after the expiration date?
There is nothing toxic or harmful with the pills that have expired. They have, however, potentially lost some of their potency, therefore resulting in decreased effectiveness as birth control. You can finish out the current pack but it would be best to use a back up method of birth control until you've had your period and begun a new pack of pills that have not expired.
No you are fine but if you have any more packs at home take them back to the pharmacy you got them from in the morning.
At 2 months, I think it might be okay, just remember that it may be less effective, so there is a higher chance that you can get pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment