Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What happens when you have a high prolactin level?

I recently went to the ob/gyn and they did some blood work. And my prolactin level came back high. The normal is supposed to be at 20 and they told me mine is at 86. I have to go back next week to get tested again just to make sure. What will happen? And will i have to get medicine? Anyone with any info please help!What happens when you have a high prolactin level?
I am just going through the exact same thing!! I went to the Dr. b/c i missed my monthly period (which NEVER happens) & i am producing breast milk and haven't breast fed in almost 3 years!! And once they took a urine test to rule out pregnancy, my Dr. sent me for a whack of blood work. She also ordered a pregnancy blood test..(just in case!!) I am hoping to get the results back today or tomorrow!! My Dr. told me once they know for sure, that we will explore options. A lot of times when women have high levels of prolactin it is caused by a BENIGN tumour on the pituitary gland and can be fixed by some sort of medicine. She told me that it is actually quite common...(thank god, b/c once she said tumour i was freaked out!!) I wish you luck!
When prolactin level is high, you will be producing more milk.

  • cute hair
  • airspace rental rates
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment